Tuesday, December 16, 2003

Mt. Cook


After we got out of Dunedin, I took over the 5 hr drive to Mt.Cook. Lucky for me, most of the road was sealed and straight. So straight, and so few traffic, that I at times went as fast as 160km/h. It was even better because I didn't really have to worry about a speeding ticket. Even if I got one, I would leave the country in a few days so I would not pay it. Don't worry - I'm a very safe driver though.

There were many mountains and clear blue lakes once we started getting near Mt.Cook. We passed through many small towns on the way, with cheap ice cream, and arrived in Glentanner with a few hours to spare in the evening. From there, we had a great view of Mt.Cook. We couldn't have asked for a better weather either.

The next morning, we got up early to do the 3 hr walk in Hooker Valley for a closer view of Mt.Cook. Then we were on our way to Christchurch.

No comments: