Sunday, December 7, 2003

Fox Glacier Hike

Alan and I decided to go on a full day glacier hike here. The guided hike took us on an hour hike through the rainforest to the Fox Glacier. We were on the ice about 3-4 hrs. Our guide axe picked his way through to create a path for us, and we saw crevices, caves which we could walk through, etc. We had clamp ons on our borrowed boots, and a walking stick, to help us on our way through the slippery, and often narrow, paths. Although it turned out to be another cloudy day, it didn't rain, so I didn't get wet. Hiking the glaciers was definitely a neat experience. When I'm older and rich, though, I am going to do the heli-hike to get to the very top of it where it's supposedly more massive.

Alan, Mike, and I spent the evening playing scrabble. The French guy won. How embarassing is that??

No comments: