Friday, December 26, 2003

Boxing Day

The Australians, like the British, enjoy another day off on the 26th. Someone told me once loooong time ago what this holiday was for, but unlike some people, my brain doesn't seem to be able to hold useless information. These days tho, my brain doesn't hold much at all I think. I do exercise my brain occasionally though through reading lots of books (currently on Stupid White Men by Micheal Moore) and playing Scrabble (I've won all games so far except when I played with a French guy). Btw, apologies for any misspelled word on my website. I can't be bothered to spell check anything when I already have to spend lots of time just putting this site together. Feel free to send me corrections or suggestions for changes.

Anyhow, today I met Richard. He's the guy I found on Lonely Planet's Thorntree looking for a travel partner around OZ. He's from around Sydney, just quit his job, and was looking to travel a bit around his country. He was going to buy a 4WD and since we had the similar plans in mind, we thought we'd give it a go. So today, we met up for the first time. He picked me up in Manly and drove me to a place where we luckily caught the start of the yacht race. Then off to Bondi beach for lunch, and a drive around to a view point and then back to Manly. I think we'll get along fine.

No comments: