Tuesday, November 18, 2003

Auckland - Yet Again

These couple of days were really just a waste of time. I came back here only for my free haircut at Toni & Guy that I booked before I left for Coromandel. These guys gave me something called a 'natural inversion'. Looks alright for the most part, but it's so short at the top and sides that it's hard to keep my hair in a pony tail.

I also had a few other errands to run so I ended up staying here another night. Nothing really worth mentioning except for the fact that I'm starting to get a tad bored of New Zealand. It's like the USA in many ways. It's westernized, it's expensive, and the people here look like Americans and speak English. The country caters well to tourists and they are everywhere. I can't escape them. Everything is too easy - easy to get around, easy to find a place to stay, easy to eat, easy to find an activity. It's not much of an adventure. All of the sudden, I am very much looking forward to China. Ofcourse, the best bits of New Zealand are to come when I get to South Island.

No comments: