Friday, January 2, 2004

Leaving Manly

As much as I thought the Manly Guesthouse was a dump, I was quite sad to leave it on my last day there. I was getting used to washing the dishes before and after each use. Ben had even cleaned our room after Sam left. Although I wasn't into the drinking part much anymore, I enjoyed the routine there of bumming on the beach and in front of the TV. I'd also gotten to know everyone's faces (everyone was called knobhead). It was also sad to say bye to Tess, Chris, and Ben, because this time, there might not be a 'next time'. It's always the same - make new friends, and then say good-bye at some point. I've gotten used to it, but it is still hard. Another bummer is having to leave this one cutie in the guesthouse. To me, he resembled Orlando Bloom a bit - particularly his smile. I think there's something to be said about silence. I often lose interest in guys after they open their mouth. He didn't say much, which made me want him. This guy could've been a total idiot or an ass, but I didn't know that. I did hear him speak once tho, and he does have a sexy voice. I usually like guys who can make me laugh, but here I began to understand the man's shallow perspective of wanting to be with beautiful women regardless of their intelligence. He probably didn't have to utter a single word and I could've been content just staring at him all day long... well, at least for few days. (Damn... I didn't get a photo of him!)

No comments: