Sunday, September 21, 2003

Coffee Bay and Hole in the Wall


Couple nights were spent here in the Coffee Shack. The hostel here had a good vibe at night, with killer pool competition each day. Everyone can play for free, so some nights you get up to 40 people playing. You can have 2 or 3 lives and everyone takes turn trying to pot a ball. If you miss or foul, you lose a life. Last man alive wins a free night of accomodation. Baz (Barrie), won the second night. Beware of the Buffalo Rules in the bar too. Rule #1: You must drink with your left hand. Rule #2: Do not put your drink on the pool table. If you break a rule, you have to down your drink. I'm not very strong with alcohol, but I got caught and had to chug a nearly full bottle of Smirnoff Spin (after I've already had a few) down a tube. I was playing really shitty after that at pool, and almost got 7-balled (losing with 7 balls on the table). The rule there is that you have to run around the pool table with your top off (or pants down for guys) if you get 7 balled. Fortunately I managed to sink a ball before I lost.



Baz, Belinda, and I did the 6 hour hike (there and back) to the Hole in the Wall. The hike took us up and over several hills along the seaside. We passed a variety of scenary - another very beautiful hike.

This is where Baz and I met Jon, from UK. He is also travelling alone, near the end of his year long trip through Australia/NZ and Asia.

No comments: