Monday, September 1, 2003

Arrived in Johannesburg


DPT Norfolk Int'l 1530 (-1) on Delta
ARR JFK 1645 (-1)
DPT JFK 1750 (-1) on South African Airways
ARR Johannesburg 1440

I left Norfolk after some teary good-byes to friends and family on August 31, 2003. At the airport and on the flight was our Virginia Beach Mayor. The last time I flew out of the Norfolk Airport, I ran into and sat next to Rudy from the 1st Survivor series. Wonder who I'll meet next time....

Once in Jo'burg and through customs, I saw my friend Phillip waiting for me. I will be staying with him and his partner, Inga, in their house over the next couple of weeks while in this area.
It is currently the beginning of spring in Johannesburg. It is warm during the day and cool at night. Hay fever season. But the skies are sunny and dry!

Above is Phillip and Inga in front of their house.

Flight Cost: $1300

No comments: