Wednesday, October 1, 2003

Oudtshoorn


Oudtshoorn is the ostrich breeding capital of the world(?) and I went there to ride one. I met an entirely new group of people at the Backpacker's Paradise. 2 Aussies, 2 Kiwis, and 4 Irish guys, as well as the bar man Johan who nearly broke my camera! By end of the night, I had 6 shots in me, 4 of which were free. We played killer pool here as well, and I won the second game, though instead of winning a free night, winner buys everyone a round of shots with the winnngs (R10 per player to play). Most of the night was spent playing pool and Jenga.

The next morning, I was in no kind of condition to do the bike ride from the mountain top through town as planned. Luckily, I was able to hitch a ride with the 4 Irish guys to the Cango Caves, and then to the Ostrich farm where I got my few seconds of thrill riding an ostrich. Btw, ostrich meat is quite tasy....

No comments: