Saturday, October 11, 2003

Capetown

It was good to finally be in one place for a while (8 nights). I now had plenty of time to see Capetown, as well as to run errands and relax. Capetown is a beautiful city, but also dangerous like all other major cities in South Africa. I met several people staying at my hostel, Ashanti's, who were mugged just around the corner, in daylight. Despite having to be on my guard when out and about (and having to take taxis after dark), it was an eventful and week. I also met some really cool people here - Ben, Tess, Chris, Simon. I'm not sure that I would have enjoyed my stay as much had I not met them.

Here were the highlights of the week:
  • Hike up the Table Mountain


  • Victoria and Alfred Waterfront

  • Cape of Good Hope

  • Penguin Colony at Boulder Beach

  • Robbin Island

  • Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens

  • Nights in the hostel's bar with friends

No comments: