Wednesday, February 4, 2004

Australia Highlights



Overall, I enjoyed Australia a lot. Unlike in NZ, I decided not to worry about money and did a lot more. I ended up on 2 good tours, and 2 bad tours. But even the bad was not so bad. While I saw a lot of highlights, I ended up skipping all the little towns in between. I think it is better for me that way. Travelling so much causes you to be jaded a bit. By the time I was in Australia, I only wanted to see & do things that were unique. The other thing I realized was that I didn't particularly like travelling alone for so long. I got tired of not really getting the chance to know people I meet too well. That's another reason why I went with tours. You at least get a few days to get to know people instead of just a few hours in most cases.

No comments: